4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2009 9:23 PM by bobsee88

With PremPro CS3, after reinstalling to correct an error, cannot launch

bobsee88

I have been using PremPro-CS3 for nearly a year when I bevan to run into several problems of incomplete rendering, not recognizing capture sources, and workspaces being no longer available.  I decided to re-install (or repair) through Adobe's application, and then I could not re-launch CS3 because an error message came up saying the license has expired and to contact my IT Administrator.  What's going on here, as I need to get back into CS3 immediately.

• 1. Re: With PremPro CS3, after reinstalling to correct an error, cannot launch
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

This page w/ links, from the PrPro-Wiki might prove useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: With PremPro CS3, after reinstalling to correct an error, cannot launch
            bobsee88 Level 1

Hunt.......thanks so much for the referral site.

I did try all three methods of License Repair, as Adobe seems to admit there is some form of bug or problem or that error message would never come up.

Finally, in desperation, I returned to Add/Remove Pgms and completely removed PP-CS3 and rinstalled, and it then did re-launch. But the seeming corruption, in one instance, that is causing there to be no default Workspace still remains. Hence, there is no way I am able to have all the panels ganged together when resizing is necessary. Any ideas about this ?

Thanks.

Bob

RMS Video International

www.rmsvideointernational.com

112 Circle Road

Redwood City, CA 94062

650-556-1864 Studio

415-531-3987 Cell

• 3. Re: With PremPro CS3, after reinstalling to correct an error, cannot launch
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From what I have read here, uninstall--reinstall does not remove the preferences file... and a corrupt preferences file COULD be the cause of your problem

You might do a forum search to find the name and location of the preferences file, and delete it to set everything back to factory defaults... that will, of course, mean that you need to reestablish your own preferences

Or, see if you can find the key-hold sequence to "clear" the preference file without deleting it... may be holding Ctrl-Alt-Shift before clicking and while the program loads ????? (sorry, I never wrote it down, and I can't remember the keys to hold while starting the program)

• 4. Re: With PremPro CS3, after reinstalling to correct an error, cannot launch
                bobsee88 Level 1

John -

Ah, -  interesting that you consider the Preferences file is not removed in the uninstall process.  Because if a new install is actually NEW, where do the Preferences get their previous information to relaunch corrupted ? 

Because, for example, I noted immediately after reinstall, all previous "Presets" in the project were returned to original defaults, so I must redo those manually. Are not the Presets part of the Preferences file ? 

Also strangely, if a new install is really new, why does the process not ask to insert a Serial Number ?

Robert Seeberger

RMS Video International

www.rmsvideointernational.com

112 Circle Road

Redwood City, CA 94062

650-556-1864 Studio

415-531-3987 Cell