• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing breadcrumb text color (RH8)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company's Marketing folks have asked me to use our corporate colors in the new Help system I'm developing. No problem there - I've created five new color definitions and have applied them successfully to styles in the CSS. My problem is that breadcrumbs don't seem to use these custom colors.

In the CSS (using the RH CSS editor), I've set both the Character > breadcrumbs and Paragraph > breadcrumbs styles to display in our corporate font (Calibri) and the required blue color. I thought that would do the trick, but it doesn't.

In the WebHelp SSL, on the Navigation page, the Add Breadcrumbs Links option is selected. But when I click the Format button to format the breadcrumbs, I cannot select or define a custom color for the text itself. (The breadcrumbs options dialog does let me define a custom background color, but I want the background to be white and the text to be our corporate blue.)

Is there any way to display the breadcrumbs according to what is defined in the CSS?

Thanks so much for your help!

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim

I think the Breadcrumbs entry in the CSS is intended to work with the Breadcrumbs placeholder. You seem to need to ensure that the Breadcrumbs style has been assigned to the placeholder.

This likely means that you will need to turn off global insertion of Breadcrumbs. You would then create or edit a Master Page, add a Breadcrumbs placeholder, then assign the style to it. Then associate the Master Page with topics.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rick. I may have time later to look into this method of using breadcrumbs. I've just been told "not to waste my time making it look pretty." So I'm changing the breadcrumbs to black text and moving on...

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp