0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2009 5:17 PM by Suntower

2nd Try: Need Tips On Slicing/Dicing

Suntower Level 1

Hi, Back in July I asked a question about resizing multiple clips: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/462912

The replies I got were fine, but not what I need.

What I want to do is, what is called in the audio world 'beat slice'. I'm trying to make cuts between clips mapped to tempo. So for example, you'd have a separate clip on every beat of the accompanying audio. Or every 1/8th or even 16th note. This is taking, as my daughter would say, for----ehhhhhever.

I lay out the clips on separate tracks and then want to move them back/forth on the timeline. I also need to resize them en masse -and- while doing that, make sure that they remain butted up against one another. What I'm having to do now is manually move dozens of short clips left/right and then individually re-size each and -then- move them all again. It's ridiculous.

1. Again: is there a command which resizes a selection of clips -and- also moves them so that they remain butted up against one another? I tried hitting the Ctrl key while re-sizing and although the mouse cursor changes I don't get how it's working any differently.

2. Is there a key command to duplicate a clip -without- going to the Project Window? IOW: in the timeline itself?

3. Are there any other tips/techniques one can suggest for doing this kind of thing? Surely others do this stuff routinely, right?

TIA,

---JC