• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating PDF Forms with ColdFusion

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an online survey that has a bunch of different modules.  We were looking to generate a PDF form using ColdFusion that the user could download and then fill out and then upload (and then read the data).    I know I can "read" a PDF form and dump the information back into my db but can I generate the PDF form?   I was originally looking at creating an excel spreadsheet but I can create that but not read it back with all of the formatting I need.   Ideas??

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 25, 2009 Aug 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CFDOCUMENT tag is generally used to create a PDF file in ColdFusion.  However, it sounds like you want to use a PDF form to collect data from the user.  In that case take a look at the topic "Extracting data from a PDF form submission" in the ColdFusion documentation.

"Extracting data from a PDF form submission"
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=formsPDF_06.html#142389

CFDOCUMENT
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=Tags_d-e_05.html#3765835

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it appears that the answer is NO - I can't generate a PDF form using ColdFusion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create the form using Adobe LifeCycle and manipulate it using Coldfusion's cfpdfform tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation