2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2010 7:00 AM by alysenet

Digital Signature not working?

ColdfirePromotions

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro v.9 to create PDF contracts for my clients to digitally sign. However, when they use the newest version of Adobe Reader (I believe v.9... whatever is on the home page of Adobe.com), they are unable to sign it.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Please advise. Thanks!

• 2. Re: Digital Signature not working?
          alysenet

I think that users have to have FULL Acrobat (standard or professional), not READER, in order to have "Sign" available in the files you send them.  But a lot more might be going on and that's the limit of my knowledge.

I'm having a very similar problem -- I had Acrobat 8 and people with Acrobat Standard (not Reader) were signing fine.  Then I got Acrobat 9 and "Sign" was greyed out -- at least in SOME files, SOMETIMES!  Yes, even minute to minute I'd get "Sign" OK in one file, and then later no "Sign" in that same file!  If I first opened a file that DID show "Sign" OK, then OTHER files when opened would show "Sign" OK.  I can't figure out what's going on!  Went back to Acro 8 and now it seems even WORSE !!! I'm not seeing "Sign" in the file that I used to consistently see it OK in.  Oh brother.