5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2009 12:40 PM by the_wine_snob

Imageprocessor Stopped Working

videotoys Level 1

This whole ImageProcessor keeps dying on me. It seems to only happen while editing these small HD videos that were shot on a flip mino in MPG format. is there something I can do about preventing this from crashing on me, seems to happen randomly after working for a little bit. Once the Image Processor dies, Premiere CS4 does too. The software seems to work fine if I convert them to wmv's instead but of course I have a already started working on the MPGs and never had this issue in the past. Maybe an update is messing things up???

Thanks for any help or understanding.

• 1. Re: Imageprocessor Stopped Working
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Flip material is better edited with WMM or PE, consumer software for a consumer camera.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Imageprocessor Stopped Working
            Jim_Simon Level 8
            shot on a flip mino in MPG format. is there something I can do

Get a real professional video camera to pair with your professional software would be my first suggestion. (Or the corollary, use consumer software to match your consumer camera.)

Mixing consumer and pro often leads to issues.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Imageprocessor Stopped Working
              the_wine_snob Level 9

There are several recent threads on editing the footage from the Flip cameras. They pose problems, but in those threads, many have helped the posters to get the most out of their footage. You should only have to go back a few months. I'd do a forum search for "Flip," and you can probably narrow things down a touch, if you add People to the search criteria. Harm Millaard, Ann Bens and the_wine_snob would be some that I would use. Read through each article, as I think that there were good tips scattered about most of them. IIRC, each poster finally got resolution and picked up some good workflow tips along the way.

Good luck, and just remember that the footage from the Flip cameras does pose problems, but not ones that should cripple your Project, or your system.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Imageprocessor Stopped Working
                videotoys Level 1

Thanks everyone, I know the Flips are not for pro shoots. I have a FX7 but my boss likes to shoot on the flip so he can FTP me the videos fast.

I'll search the older posts for more too. thanks for suggesting that.

• 5. Re: Imageprocessor Stopped Working
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  but my boss likes to shoot on the flip so he can FTP me the videos fast.

If I am not mistaken, that was exactly the sentiment that one of the earlier Flip posters voiced.

Good luck with the seach. I am less a fan of the "new & imporved" forum searches, and often just go to Google. However, with many of those searches, one ends up with dead links from older Adobe forum posts. With the Flip, you should not encounter that issue, as all of the ones that I recall are much more recent.

Hunt