6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2009 11:49 PM by Mylenium

resolution 1024x600

dvdv88

im using minibook. its resolution 1024x600.  i cant run it. help

note : adobe after effects CS3

• 1. Re: resolution 1024x600
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

More information please.  What are the specifications of your hardware - CPU, RAM, Operating System etc.

What happens when you try to run After Effects?

• 2. Re: resolution 1024x600
            dvdv88 Level 1

intel atom   cpu n270 1.60GHz 1gb ram 224mb screen card win XP SP3

1024x600  resolution..

i want to make video

• 3. Re: resolution 1024x600
              Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Your machine does not meet the minimum requirements for After Effects CS3 - in particular, I suspect your display size and capabilities are probably the problem.

Here are the system requirements for CS4, fairly similar to those of CS3:

Windows

• 1.5GHz or faster processor*
              • Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 recommended) or Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (certified for 32-bit Windows XP and 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista)
              • 2GB of RAM
              • 1.3GB of available hard-disk space for installation, plus 2GB of space for optional content; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on flash-based storage devices)
              • 1,280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0–compatible graphics card
              • DVD-ROM drive
              • QuickTime 7.4.5 software required to use QuickTime features
              • Broadband Internet connection required for online services

There may be workarounds to get AE running on your machine, but I'm not aware of them.  Perhaps someone else can offer suggestions.

What stage does AE get to before it stops working?  You haven't explained what happens when you try to run it.

• 4. Re: resolution 1024x600
                dvdv88 Level 1

can you to suggest another program ?

• 5. Re: resolution 1024x600
                  yenaphe Level 4

It depends on what you want to do. So the question is: what do you want to do exactly ?

• 6. Re: resolution 1024x600
                    Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

can you to suggest another program ?

If you are thinking about serious compositing, motion graphics and effects, then I'm not aware of any program that would run properly on your system. Autodesk combustion* is pretty much the only alternative. For apparent reasons all the programs require a certain minimum screen resolution. Some of them may bypass this test on launch and show up, but if you get a complete mess like buttons appearing in the wrong place and so on, you can't well blame anyone. You are simply trying to work on a computer that was never meant for this kind of stuff and aside from the graphics issue, the mere lack of processor power and RAM will make even simple projects a drag...

Mylenium