2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2009 12:20 AM by JeppeB

Output formats

JeppeB

Hey guys

Probably the wrong place to post this, but I just finished my first movie in Premiere CS4 and were wondering what output formats, you would recommend if I have to make a DVD and put it online at forexample youtube?

Greatly appreciate any help, thanks!

• 1. Re: Output formats
          the_wine_snob Level 9

For the DVD, you can Import directly into Encore (the authoring app.) and Burn to DVD from it.

For YouTube, you'll want to Export, but the exact settings will be almost anybody's guess. YouTube changes how they both want, and handle AV files, so what worked last month, might not work this month. There are several fairly recent (important) articles on what setting work for many people. I'd search for these, and see what settings were recommended at that moment in time. Disregard older artices (over a few months), as they will likely be obsolete now. I'd also suggest checking the YouTube forum, as the folk there will be the most current on the Export du jour.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Output formats
            JeppeB Level 1

Great thanks, didn't know about Encore. Just figuring this massive pack of possibilities out. Yeah I know youtube can be a pain in the "", I sort of knew there wouldn't be an easy answer, but no harm in trying. I have to upload to four different webpages or so, it's gonna be a long week :-)