Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pause doesn't work in simulation

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all the freinds
I try to capture an elearning with my adobe captivate cs4 and it realy works very nice ,but I can't pause my simulation ,when I press PAUSE key ,it doesn't pause the simulatin ,but the End key works and end the simulation ,
would you please help me
I appreciate you

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you talking about trying to pause playback of a recorded demonstration? For example, you recorded a series of steps, you are playing it back and you are trying to press Pause to stop playback?

Pause is intended to suspend the recording process. Perhaps you began recording a series of steps, a window popped up unexpectedly, so you press Pause so Captivate doesn't record your action of dealing with the sudden new window. You deal with it, press Pause again and resume your recording.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you very much for your attention

I press pause key to suspend the recording process ,but it doesn't suspend the recording and it continues to record ,that's my problem.

Sincerely yours Mohsena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to encounter the same problem too. The pause button seems to work, but when I preview the recording, the playback skips the slide which I used the pause button.

Would be most grateful if someone could help with this problem please.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have the same problem dealing with the pause function. I decided to just deal with whatever unexpectedly happened and edit it out later -> But it'd really save me time if it'd work properly.

Like said before; it just skips the "slide" I was recording while the unexpected happened, practically requiring me to re-do the recording. I'm expecting this to be a bug, I'll report it as a bug at the end of the week if we don't find a solution to it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps try tapping the Print Screen key just before pressing Pause? My hope is that it would sort of "Finalize" the slide being missed and grab another slide you could easily discard later.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick, many thanks for your suggestion. I shall try it out.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources