3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2009 6:27 PM by ~graffiti

Garbage Text

culadr4

When we print an PDF file online, it prints out as garbage or jumbled text for several pages.  We have Windows XP and we have a HP Office Jet ProL7680 printer.  We have 2 computers and share the printer. I think the issue is Adobe, but how do I correct it.

Thanks,

Mindy

• 1. Re: Garbage Text
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It sounds like the proper fonts aren't embedded in to the file.

All you can do on your end is try selecting "print as image" in the print menu to see if that clears it up.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Garbage Text
            culadr4 Level 1

The information that I am printing are insurance quotes online with a carrier we work with and life illustrations through the company I work for. I will try switiching it to Print as Image and see if this helps. Surely there has to be an update for Adobe to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Mindy

• 3. Re: Garbage Text
              ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unfortunately, it isn't an issue for Adobe to update. It's a flaw in the way that the PDF's are being created. If I were a betting man, I would say that the bank probably isn't even using Adobe technology to create the PDF's but I couldn't say for sure without seeing one myself (post one if you can).

Adobe has at least provided a workaround that helps most of the time in this circumstance.