1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 29, 2009 4:17 PM by fallensky

Admin install failure.

fallensky

This seems to be a common problem, but nothing has worked so far... when ever I try to install adobe air installer. exe I get the error message: An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator. I AM the system admin... im running Vista and here is the .airinstall.log : 

Performing runtime install

UI SWF load is complete

UI initialized

starting user confirmation

Version of this installer: 1.5.2.8870

Installation type: new

starting elevated install

Launching elevated sub-installer failed

runtime install entering error state: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Launching elevated sub-installer failed"   errorID=5100]

begin quitting

Hope some one could direct me in the right way- thannks

P.S. I have never had any previous version of AA.
        • 1. Re: Admin install failure.
          fallensky Level 1

Finaly after much fooling around with the file I got it to work. I compressed the installer exe into a .rar file then  viewed files(In win .rar program) this showed 3 files: application, windows installer package,and file sfw. I just ran the "windows installer package". it configured AIR and installed with out any problem. I dont know why this worked but, one win goes to randomly clicking buttons. Hope this Helps some of you other little buddies out there.