Expand my Community achievements bar.

Life Cycle Email Button not working for all users

Level 1

I've Adobe Professional 8.

I created a form with Life Cycle 8.0 with a button to submit the form through email.

I've created a button, changed the Control Type: to Submit then "Submit it as PDF" and then I enabled the "Usage Right in Adobe Reader".

Now the problem: The button only work with some Adobe Reader 8 user not all and i've not seen it work with Adobe Reader 9.  What's the problem here? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

5 Replies

Former Community Member

For the users where the form doesn't work... what happens?  Does the button click do nothing or is there some type of error generated?

Regards

Steve

Level 1

Nothing happen when they click on the email button. There's also no error.

Level 8

If your using Acrobat, try hitting CTRL-J.  That will bring up the console and may provide you with additional debugging information

Level 1

Hitting Ctrl+J bring up what seems like information on the version of Adobe.  What should I be looking for?

What can be causing this problem? Since i created this with LifeCycle from Adobe Professional 8.0, does that mean only those with Adobe Reader 8.0 can open it?

Level 4

ot sure if this is the issue, but reader extended forms "get weird" if they are passed around. It seems they'll work with the extended features when coming from the creator (ie you extend and send to A) but once A saves and sends to B (with reader) then the "extensions" seem to fall off.

could be the issue.

I was trying to extend forms and load them to a server and have staff download them from the available online pool; in that workflow they lost their "extended" status.

Could be the deal here... not sure