4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2008 12:17 PM by Newsgroup_User

Making the "send" work in a form

baldrn Level 1
      I have a template I have downloaded and it has an excellent form on the Contact page I'd like to use. It has a clear and a send button. The clear button, when highlighted in DW CS3, has a choice of sumit or send. But the SEND button has no values similar.
      How can I make the form sendable to my email address by clicking the send button?
      Thanks for the help,
      Mark
        • 1. Re: Making the "send" work in a form
          Level 7
          We'd need to see the form, please.

The send button is usually EITHER the same as a 'clear' button, or it is an
          image form field (which submits the form by default), e.g.,

<input type="image"....

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"baldrn" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g6hmq6$nlt$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have a template I have downloaded and it has an excellent form on the
          >Contact
          > page I'd like to use. It has a clear and a send button. The clear button,
          > when
          > highlighted in DW CS3, has a choice of sumit or send. But the SEND button
          > has
          > no values similar.
          > How can I make the form sendable to my email address by clicking the send
          > button?
          > Thanks for the help,
          > Mark
          >

• 2. Re: Making the &quot;send&quot; work in a form
            baldrn Level 1

Please see that attached code and let me know how to make this work.
            Thanks!
            Mark
            • 3. Re: Making the &quot;send&quot; work in a form
              texjgc
              All you need to do is call your website provider and ask them for the php or cgi script to make it work. I recommend cgi myself. Just call em up or send them that and they will provide for you the necessary cgi script needed to make the send button work. I did this exact thing with my provider and they did up the cgi and I was up and running in no time.
              Good luck.
              • 4. Re: Making the &quot;send&quot; work in a form
                Level 7
                You need a form processing script to interact with your contact form.
                If your server supports PHP, this Formm@ailer script from DB Masters
                conceals your email address from prying eye email harvesters and it has
                several spam controls built into its script including hidden field
                (honeypot), "sorta captcha," and time limits on submissions to keep robots
                from exploiting your forms. Free to use if you credit the author; $20 if
                you don't.

http://dbmasters.net/index.php?id=4

Q&A Forum - http://dbmasters.net/forum.php?id=3&fid=9

--Nancy O.
                Alt-Web Design & Publishing
                www.alt-web.com

"baldrn" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:g6hmq6$nlt$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > I have a template I have downloaded and it has an excellent form on the
                Contact
                > page I'd like to use. It has a clear and a send button. The clear button,
                when
                > highlighted in DW CS3, has a choice of sumit or send. But the SEND button
                has
                > no values similar.
                > How can I make the form sendable to my email address by clicking the send
                > button?
                > Thanks for the help,
                > Mark
                >