4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2009 12:09 AM by Peter Grainge

Conditional Tag in Robohelp - Customized conditioning

Maya Sindhu

Hi

In my project I have created the following multiple conditional tags:

• Application A
      • Application B
      • Application C

In one of the HTML at the content level have applied the following condition: Client Name – Conditional Tags Applied are Application A, Application B, Application C.

While generating the OLH using the conditional build expression Not Application A or Application B or Application C, Robohelp generates the topic with the following details Application B Application C.

Is there a possibility where in if the conditional build is Not Application A or Application B or Application C, the result generated displays Application B instead of Application B Application C as displayed currently.

or this can achieved only by customizing the HTML codes.

Thanks,

Maya

• 1. Re: Conditional Tag in Robohelp - Customized conditioning
          RoboColum(n) Level 5

Hi Maya and welcome to the RH community.

I am a little confused as to what you are trying to achieve. Have you a variable (e.g. client name) that can have three values and you want to use a build tag to produce the required value? If so, you could use:

NOT APPLICATIONA AND NOT APPLICATION B to output the variable for applicationC

NOT APPLICATIONA AND NOT APPLICATION C to output the variable for applicationB

NOT APPLICATIONB AND NOT APPLICATION C to output the variable for applicationA

You could even set-up different single source layouts for each scenario to prevent you having to change it each time. You can read about this here.

Read the RoboColum(n).

• 2. Re: Conditional Tag in Robohelp - Customized conditioning
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

I'm looking at this and wondering why a simple variable won't work. If you have Adobe RoboHelp 6 or newer, you have Variables at your disposal.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

• 3. Re: Conditional Tag in Robohelp - Customized conditioning
              Maya Sindhu Level 1

Thanks for the Response.

I will try making the scenario little bit more explanative:-)

Based on the user requirement, the OLH must be generated for the following combinations:

• OLH for Application A standalone
              • OLH for Application B standalone
              • OLH for Application C standalone
              • OLH for Application A and Application C
              • OLH for Application B and Application C

In all the HTMLs, in the header I have 'Client Name - Application Name', where in Application Name is conditionally tagged as Application A, Application B, Application C.

Thus while generating OLH for Application B and Application C, I used NOT APPLICATION A or APPLICATION B OR APPLICATION C. As required, the OLH does retrieve all the files that have been conditionally tagged as

• only Application B
              • only Application C
              • Application B, Application C

But at the same time, in all the retrieved files, the Header states Client Name - Application B Application C (as expected from RoboHelp based on the condition defined). The customized requirement needed is to display only Client Name - Application B when we generate an OLH for Application B and Application C .

There is no issue in the way OLH is generated for standalone scenario.

• 4. Re: Conditional Tag in Robohelp - Customized conditioning
                Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Isn't the real solution here to use variables rather than CBTs?

Am I understanding correctly that it is the application name that changes and not the client name?

Set the whichever it is as a variable and have a layout for each. When you generate the first one it will take the default of say Application A, the next layout you would set to generate Application B and so on.

Also, wouldn't merged help be a solution? You generate a project for each output and then mix and match.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips