Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recrding in Captivate 4 makes my application become un-responsive

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently trying to put together some tutorials highlighting key functionality relating to the software we develop. I am using Captivate 4 but as soon as I start the recording process the application I am running becomes unresponsive and I am unable to record. The application I am working with consists of a Workspace which can have mutiple documents open at the same time. I should mention that this is the first tutorial I have put together using Captivate, so I'm not that experienced . Please note that the application is not at all unstable in normal circumstances.

If anyone has had a similar experience I would really appreciate some guidance.

Thank you

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sometimes we find that Captivate just doesn't want to play with certain applications. (or, since the application becomes unresponsive, it may be more accurate to say the application doesn't want to play with Captivate!)

At any rate, it poses a problem to try and record the application, no?

I've heard that others have overcome these situations by establishing a remote desktop connection and run Captivate on a PC that has a remote connection to a PC running the application. You then record the application that way.

Hopefully this helps you out!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick,

Yes, its a bit of a problem not being able to record our application. Thanks for your Remote Connection tip, I'll try it out.

Regards

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources