I wish to build a website where (only) authorized persons submit forms electronically via a Windows PC. The information in these forms must then be automatically placed into a spreadsheet, and viewed on our website, without additional webmaster intervention. We plan to restrict the download of our forms and website access by password. I know some of the following are features of LiveCycle, but some features don’t seem to work when other features are enabled.
I know this a big newbie post, and if this isn’t the correct forum, please let me know.
Any help with these 18 issues would be greatly appreciated. Greg – Cleveland Ohio area.
1. Forms are to be submitted to the website by authorized persons using a name and password.
2. Forms must be dynamic.
3. The forms will have a field for the submitter’s own comments.
4. The data from each form must be kept together on a horizontal line on a table. (Data will be name, address ,phone etc., with many fields being checked yes/no, a few with numbers, and a few fields provided for comments. The data must be searchable by field. There will be no calculations or totals of the data.
5. All completed forms should be able to be automatically archived on our website (.tiff?) and able to be printed and downloaded by authorized visitors to our website in case comments are made. (Would this also be possible if a scanned form is submitted?)
6. The website/software must allow the viewer access (only as determined by his log-in and password) to all the forms matching the zip code(s) they are registered for. (After signing in, they may use a “ENTER SITE NOW” link that will search for and display only forms and tables from specific zip codes.)
7. The user cannot change any form fields, but they should be able to add notes or flag data for the next time they log on to our website.
8. Data may be viewed on our website with the option to be downloaded to their PC for local archiving and printing.
9. Self owned, controlled and managed on my secure server.
10. Information must be secure.
11. Digital signatures will be required.
12. The site must provide the authorized user form data in both a spreadsheet view and the original completed form-image.
13. Each field must be searchable, returning each form with that search request, and displayed in a table.
14. Forms will be downloadable from our website (unless e-mailing them is automated and triggered by the user’s request).
Optional website features, but very desirable:
15. Ideally, paper forms will also be able to be used. The user would scan the completed paper form, convert it using OCR, and then submit it electronically for automatic loading into the website’s spreadsheet(s). Possible?
16. The website should not show blank fields when the form’s data table is viewed online.
17. Ideally, the website will accept forms completed and submitted using a PDA or iPhone device. Doable?
18. Barcode scanning may be desirable, in the future.
How much of the above is handled by the features found in LiveCycle Designer?
Is there standard “server side programming” I can employ for handling my form data automatically for display on my company website? Does Adobe provide this service? Are there Adobe partners you can refer me to that provide their own software for displaying the form data?
Is there any site you can send me to that is already doing what we wish to do on our site?