0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2008 2:53 PM by ToddWats

Mac Drag Problems

ToddWats
      Hello,

I have an application built in Flex for AIR that has two windows, and one window has a TileList that you can click on and drag items to the other window. This functionality works great and has been working fine on the PC, but now on the Mac it occasionally stops working. By this I mean that when you click on a tile, it never goes into dragging mode. The only way for our users to fix this is to close the application and start it back up. We used to have this tile list in the same window and never had a problem with the dragging then, it was only when moving the list into a new window. We are using a standard TileList with dragEnabled set to true and it is really baffling why this has no problems on the PC but happens on the Mac and is very difficult to duplicate the steps taken to make it happen. Below is the TileList, the place where it is being dropped doesn't necessarily matter because the tiles never switch to being a drag icon, so it is obvious that the drag is not starting.

<mx:TileList
      id="assetList"
      dataProvider="{assetManager.assetList}"
      dragEnabled="true"
      dragMoveEnabled="false"
      allowMultipleSelection="true"
      columnWidth="106"
      rowHeight="106"
      width="60%"
      height="100%"
      borderStyle="solid"
      borderColor="0x7d7d7d"
      backgroundColor="0x7d7d7d"
      shadowDistance="0"
      dropShadowEnabled="true"
      change="selectThumbnail(event)"
      doubleClickEnabled="true"
      itemDoubleClick="doubleClickAsset(event)"
      selectedIndex="{assetManager.assetList.getItemIndex(assetManager.selectedAsset)}"
      >
      <mx:itemRenderer>
      <mx:Component>
      <assets:AssetThumbRenderer/>
      </mx:Component>
      </mx:itemRenderer>
      </mx:TileList>

Does anyone have any ideas what would cause a TileList to stop doing drag? Is there any way to force it back to allow drag? Is there a flag that needs to get reset that possibly isn't getting reset? Let me know if you have any suggestions or if you want to try installing the application and see for yourself.

Todd