5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2009 9:35 AM by Mylenium

Moving Text too choppy...

fosterchen Level 1

Hello AE users,

I've been trying to get smooth text that's moving with bezier warp.  Everyway that I render out it is always choppy and not smooth moving.

Is there any way around this, or is it because of the font/speed/shutter/motion per frame/any text that moves will have this problem?

Foster

• 1. Re: Moving Text too choppy...
          yenaphe Level 4

can you give us more info ? What font, what size, what comp size, what framerate, what resolution ?

Better, could you post a screen of the result or post a small preview on youtube/whatever so we can see the problem ?

• 2. Re: Moving Text too choppy...
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As Seb said, more info please. I could well imagine a few things going wrong like e.g. the Bezier handles overshooting and then getting in the way of each other. Also note, that many effects do not calculate motion blur. Throwing on a CC Force Motionblur after the warp might just make it look right.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Moving Text too choppy...
              fosterchen Level 1

Ok, so my comp is D1, I made a filmstrip in photoshop with photos of people and their names (in mandarin), and imported it as tiff into the comp, added an adjustment layer which I have multiple effects on it, including CC spotlight, S_edgeblur, S_softfocus, and bezier warp to make the filmstrip bend a bit.

I've tried to calculate the pixels per frame thing to align with NTSC standards of 29.97 at different speeds...obviously the slower the motion the better it looks, but I need a fast pan, and the faster it goes, the words and photos get choppier.  I already added a softfocus and edge blur, so I don't think I can add anymore or it will really look blurred.

thanks for all help!

Foster

• 4. Re: Moving Text too choppy...
                yenaphe Level 4

You attachement looks good to me.

Have you enable Motion blur for your comp and your layer ?

• 5. Re: Moving Text too choppy...
                  Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I don't see anything wrong with it, either. Seb is probably right about turning on motion blur. If it only shows up during RAM previews, you may also see skipping due to redraw issues. Does the Info palette say it's "realtime"?

Mylenium