2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2009 7:34 AM by grubbesa

Apply Kuler theme to a photo...

grubbesa

Ok, I've just found Kuler and I love it. Now I'd like to learn if there it has any practical use for a photographer. For example, I've just created a 'yellow dusk' coloor set (from a flickr photo of the same title - credit where it's due), which I belive would add a nice, warm, soft feel if found on a photograph. Now - is there a way to do that in Photoshop? Take the color set and apply it to a raster (or better yet - raw) image?

• 1. Re: Apply Kuler theme to a photo...
          Mordy Golding Level 3

To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to choose a set of colors and have Photoshop (or Lightroom) automatically recolor that artwork from that palette of colors. It would be a pretty cool feature though -- you should file a feature request for that.

As an aside, Illustrator can do what you describe -- colorize artwork from a palette of colors -- when it performs a Live Trace command. You'd start out with an image, perform a Live Trace, specify the color library of choice, and you'd get a vector-traced version of the image using the colors you specified.

Mordy

• 2. Re: Apply Kuler theme to a photo...
            grubbesa Level 1

hey

thanks a lot for your reply. i'll try to look for the feature suggesting form when i have a while.

i just remembered that photoshop has a 'match color' feature which works well when applied to two photos. i'll give it a shot and see if it can also use the colors from a kuler color swatch saved as jpg file as a source for colors and apply them to a regular photo.

grb