2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2009 3:59 PM by SLOBrad

How to "Arrange" on Slates

SLOBrad

Hello everyone,

Simple question, probably a simple answer, but I can't seem to figure out how to "arrange" different elements on my slate (as in, send to back, send back, send forward, send to front, etc.).  I'm trying to place multiple buttons on top of an image, but flash cat. keeps hiding them behind the image (some of them, seemingly at random whether it places them on top of beneath another object) and I can't figure out how to arrange it on top. I've tried finding some type of option or using the menus and I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to "Arrange" on Slates
          Tara Jane Feener Level 3

Hey!

So this is a feature you should look for in a future release.

For now, there is a trick.

You can use the layers panel to arrange the visual stacking order of your catalyst components.

Basically, the order in which you see items in the layers panel is from top to bottom in the visual layering order.

So if you see:

Button

Checkbox

VScrollbar

That means visually, on your app canvas, the button is on top of the checkbox, which is on top of the image, and so on..

So, if you want to put your buttons on top of your image, click on each button, or multi select all the buttons, and drag them above the image component in the layers panel.

Does this answer your question? Let me know if it works out for you!

Tara

• 2. Re: How to "Arrange" on Slates
            SLOBrad Level 1

Thanks for the help and quick response!

- Brad