8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2009 7:02 PM by jkb242

CS4 Premier Pro Dynamic Link to Encore Question

jkb242 Level 1

I have DL'ed (Dynamic Linked) a project in PP CS4 to Encore CS4 and it worked just fine except that in the sequence in PP CS4 I edited some of the audio tracks with render and replace using Sooundbooth CS4. The audio effects I added in Soundbooth CS4 played back as encoded in PP CS4 on the time line but not in the final product from Encore. 

What would have caused this?  Can added effects in Soundbooth be DL to Encore CS4 or do I have to render out in PP CS4 then pull the assets to Encore?

Much thanks in advance for assistance.

• 1. Re: CS4 Premier Pro Dynamic Link to Encore Question
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Did you do the Soundbooth editing after bringing the project into Encore, or before?

• 2. Re: CS4 Premier Pro Dynamic Link to Encore Question
            jkb242 Level 1

Before on the time line in premier pro using render and replace.

• 3. Re: CS4 Premier Pro Dynamic Link to Encore Question
              Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

It works here.

Here's what I did:

1. Alt+Click in the audio track of the sequence to select only the clip audio.
              2. Right-click the selected audio and choose Edit in Sb>Render and Replace. Sb opens.
              3. Add effects to the clip and save.
              4. Verify effects are present in the Pr sequence.
              5. Go to File | Adobe Dynamic Link | Send to Encore.
              6. In the new En project, play back the timeline.
              7. Result: Sb effects are present on the En timeline.

-Jeff

• 4. Re: CS4 Premier Pro Dynamic Link to Encore Question
                jkb242 Level 1

Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to do this.  I think the mistake I made was I

assumed that since I chose to render and replace, it was not necessary

to save the file in SB so that probably accounts for the missing

effects.  I did select apply in SB to the clips thinking that was all

that was necessary since I did not want to save the clips in SB as

separate files from PP.

Now PP thinks that I have already rendered and replaced and it will not

allow me to do this again, got any suggestions how I can repeat this

process since the render and replace is grayed out?

Thanks again!!

• 5. Re: CS4 Premier Pro Dynamic Link to Encore Question

Select the video+audio clip in the timeline.  Drag the original

video+audio clip from the Project panel to the selected clip in the

timeline, while holding down the Alt key.  That will replace the audio

and video, and should restore the clip's original audio.

If you're doing this with nested sequences, or unlinked audio and video,

then the procedure is the same, except you replace the sequence or the

audio-only clip.

-Jeff

• 6. Re: CS4 Premier Pro Dynamic Link to Encore Question
                    jkb242 Level 1

I don't believe that any of the effects I wanted to apply in SB were

actually applied but there are other cuts and edits I would not want to

loose by re-applying the clips to the timeline.  Are you saying that the

edits would remain in tact and that theoriginal video and audio with

edits would be replace?  Also, you should know that some of the final SB

effects that I added (which were not added to the audio clips) contained

other SB effects that were retain and had to do with filtering noise and

very lager gain adjustments which I would NOT want to loose just to

recover the more subtle effects lost in the last SB effects I wanted to add.

So my concerning is replacing what is on the time line now with raw

files in the project panel.

Does that help in explaining my concerns?

Thanks again!!

• 7. Re: CS4 Premier Pro Dynamic Link to Encore Question

Alt+Drag will leave the timeline cuts intact.

Render and Replace is always available here, even if I've rendered-and-replaced the audio before.  I have no idea why your Render and Replace option would be grayed out.  Unless you are focused only on the Edit in Soundbooth | Render and Replace option?  There is a separate Render and Replace option for individual clips in the Clip | Audio Options menu.

-Jeff

• 8. Re: CS4 Premier Pro Dynamic Link to Encore Question
                        jkb242 Level 1

Interesting indeed I will look this over but it was indeed greyed out

which I too thought wasn't right.

Thanks so much again!!