I'm a 2nd year undergraduate students working on a project to build a multimedia health records system with the Biomedical & Multimedia Information Technology research group at the University of Sydney. I encountered a problem in the process of importing an FXG file created in Fireworks and would appreciate some help from this forum.
I created a mock-up in Fireworks CS4 (version 10.0.3.011), exported it as an FXG file and then imported it into Flash Catalyst. Note that I have updated Export to FXG.jsp following instructions from here. Many of the text boxes have shifted - notably the tab labels, login info, details area - and underlines below the text have also shifted, as shown in the following screenshots. I have tried grouping the text with its associated objects, but the result remained the same.
I have attached the Fireworks PNG file, if it helps. (I'm very very new to RIA development using Adobe products so I apologise for the PNG file being messy.)
Original mock-up in Fireworks:
After importing into Flash Catalyst:
Maybe there is a more specific cause/explanation, but in general text rendering/engine in this first beta has many known issues, they've said it will be greatly improved in next betas. E.g I found it doesn't support many fonts, you can't set line-height, text shadows or other advanced properties, etc.
I reported this to Adobe over 8 months ago. They confirmed the bug but they don't seem to care about a fix. An Adobe 2nd-level engineer suggested that I edit the XML files by hand!