3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2008 12:05 PM by sw2gtg

flash file in dreamweaver???

lpaquinhand Level 1
      I created a flash file as my headline for my website. I also have a non animated layer in my photoshop file that goes on top of the flash file. I used photoshop to create the page and then fireworks to make slices and optimize. I left a placeholder in my fireworks file to insert the flash file. It works once I put it in Dreamweaver but the sign (which is supposed to be over the flash layer) is behind it. Is there any way to put that in front?

If not, is there a way to create the flash file with the sign that has my site menu? In other words, can I do hyperlinks on a flash file? How?

Please help!!! I have a deadline!!
        • 1. Re: flash file in dreamweaver???
          Level 7

> I also have a non
          > animated layer in my photoshop file that goes on top of the flash file.

You can't put anything on top of a .swf in a web page. The flash file is
          "active content" and will be on top of anything you try to put on it.

Just put the thing into the flash file so that is one graphic.

--
          Alan
          Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 2. Re: flash file in dreamweaver???
            lpaquinhand Level 1
            OK. Thanks for telling me so I didn't waste another week trying to work it out with layers.
            If I add it to the flash file, how will I be able to do my links? I have the background which has the animation on it (sky with bird flying and moving clouds). then I have a post sign that has all the links to the webpage that is half on the flash file and half off. When I imported the flash file into dreamweaver it is just the file and it is not visible until I view it in explorer. How would I be able to add links?

Thanks soooo much for your help.
            • 3. Re: flash file in dreamweaver???
              sw2gtg
              If I understand your question, you just want to make your links active in the Flash file? Send me the URL of your site or at least the last .html or .swf file that you published and I'll get a better idea of exactly how you need to do it. From what I can ascertain, you just need to put buttons in the Flash file.