7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2009 9:09 PM by the_wine_snob

Adding blank before title?

mejanr Level 1

Hi again,

I am wondering how you go about adding say at least 5 secs of blank footage before the title so that the title does not start playing straight away.

Probably should have done that first??

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Adding blank before title?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Create a black video clip by clicking on the New Item button in the upper right of the Project media panel. Once you've created this clip, you can drag it to your timeline, before the title, and the timeline should ripple aside to let you insert it.

• 2. Re: Adding blank before title?
            mejanr Level 1

Hello,

It is amazing how easy it is when you know how!! I always wondered what New Item was for.

How much is your book? Maybe we could do a swap - your book for one of my butterfly life cycle dvds - ha ha!

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Adding blank before title?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, if you're really interested, you can check out the Table of Contents and a sample chapter on the Muvipix site!

Here's my Premiere Elements 7 only book.

http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=45

And here's my combo Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements 7 book.

http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=49

Both are available in the Muvipix store and on Amazon.com. (Be sure to check out the great reviews on Amazon too!)

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Adding blank before title?
                mejanr Level 1

OK I will definitely check them out.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Adding blank before title?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Just saw this thread and, from the comments, it appears that your have found the answer to your present situation. So, as I always say, do not mess with a good thing.

But, just 2 thoughts

a. did you consider moving your Title on Video Track 2 to the right on the Timeline in order to reposition it with respect to the video on Video Track 1?

b. would keyframing the opacity of the Title on Video Track 2 be of any benefit in this current situation?

ATR

• 6. Re: Adding blank before title?
                    mejanr Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for reply, but it is all good now just using Steve's New Item method.

Thanks.

• 7. Re: Adding blank before title?
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

I always use Black Video to begin all edits, and use it to end all edits. Now, I use PrPro, so I have several Sequences for my "Chapters," and these are rather like mini-Projects, within a Project.

One of the main reasons for doing this is that I also use DD 5.1 SS Audio, and encode with the SurCode DD 5.1 SS encoder plug-in. Most higher-end set-top players take a few seconds to "lock onto" the Audio streams, so I do not want the first few notes of any music to be lost during this time. Also, because Audio is based on Audio Units, and not Frames, I want my Video to be just a tiny bit longer than any and all Audio - hence the Black Video at the end. I will make sure that there are at least 2 Frames more Video, than Audio.

I keep my default Still Duration (includes Black Video) set to about 5 sec., and will create new Black Video for each Project. I then use the Source Monitor to set the Black Video to 02 sec., and will then Rename to 02 Sec Black Video. I use this many times in my normal Projects.

Good luck,

Hunt