2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2009 5:39 PM by Kurt_777

Oh this is just not funny any more!!!!!

Kurt_777 Level 1

10.00am: I open Premiere and hit "get media", and there's my camera ready for me.

2.00pm: I open Premiere and hit "get media" and the camera doesn't exist any more!

11.00pm: I open Premiere and hit "get media" and there's my camera again!

This is just so much bull!!! This g*** brand new computer and this g*** prize-winning "wonderful" editing software is as useless as an ashtray on a motorcycle!!! I've never run into so many obstacles in any software before, ever. It never does the same thing twice in a row. And apparently you have to keep shutting it down and restarting it every few minutes, just to coerce it into working at all!! 

I must have been crazy to switch to a PC editor when I already had a perfectly good, totally reliable Apple Mac. Who needs this much aggravation? Not me. This box and this program are for sale. I'm sticking with Apple.   

Yeah, a rant, doesn't need a response. Not blaming anyone but myself.

• 1. Re: Oh this is just not funny any more!!!!!
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Sorry you're still having problems, Kut. But, if you're serious about selling that machine, you can feel free to post its specs and price here or on the forum at http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/

There is simply no reason the program should work flawlessly on most machines and not work at all on others. That means that something is wrong with either the hardware or software in your particular configuration. There are options to fix it, if you've got the time and resources.

On the other hand, I can certainly understand your wanting to throw in the towel too. Macs are premium-priced machines. But, with Apple controlling both the hardware and software and a very limited number of configurations, 97% of the time, they work like a dream.

I know you're eager to get past all this bugginess and start making videos. So I wish you the best of luck.

I've also sent you a private message with some additional information.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Oh this is just not funny any more!!!!!
            Kurt_777 Level 1

"There is simply no reason the program should work flawlessly on most machines and not work at all on others. That means that something is wrong with either the hardware or software in your particular configuration. There are options to fix it, if you've got the time and resources."

That's absolutely right, Steve, and that's what's so frustrating. But I've had the machine back to the store once already and they gave it a clean bill of health.  Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean a lot...

"On the other hand, I can certainly understand your wanting to throw in the towel too. Macs are premium-priced machines. But, with Apple controlling both the hardware and software and a very limited number of configurations, 97% of the time, they work like a dream."

They do. Pity it's such a nightmare to pay for them!

"I know you're eager to get past all this bugginess and start making videos. So I wish you the best of luck."

Thanks, Steve. I'll persevere for a bit before I call it quits. Premiere is a good program, I'm sure, otherwise it wouldn't have the friends that it does.

Cheers,

Kurt