2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2009 9:24 PM by starburst2

Conversion of PDF to JPG

starburst2

I have downloaded a high res picture of an ad for my daughters stallions.  It is a large file, 12 MB and I want to convert it to Jpeg  so that I can reduce the size to about 2MB for sending to others via email.  How do I accomplish this conversion from PDF format  to Jpeg format?  I am not a whizbang at using Adobe so please keep replies simple enough for my mind to comprehend.  Thanks

Lloyd

• 1. Re: Conversion of PDF to JPG
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

This cannot be done in Adobe Reader. You can probably copy the picture into another program (preferably a graphics program) that can do this for you. If you are on the Mac platform, Preview can save a pdf as jpg. Graphic Converter is an inexpensive Mac program that can do this and reduce the size as well. Of course, the commercial Acrobat program can do this and reduce the size as well, but that might be a tad expensive if you do not have other uses for it. I am not familiar with other programs that might do this for you if you use Windows, but I'm sure other users can step in with a few helpful suggestions.

• 2. Re: Conversion of PDF to JPG
            starburst2 Level 1

Thanks for your feedback.  When you say a graphics program do you mean a

program such as Photoshop Elements or Roxio Creator which I have?  I'm not

familiar with the term "graphics program" per se.

Lloyd