4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2009 2:13 PM by Rlayne8694

SQ Lite in Air

Rlayne8694

I'm totally new to this and have been reviewing Sq Lite capability for datbase retrieval. It refers me to go to and download SQ Lite I don't really follow. Is there actually a an application there for Sq Lite, if there is I don't see it, or just some code that will be included in each of my applications?

Thx in advance for anyones reply

• 1. Re: SQ Lite in Air
          Joe ... Ward Level 4

I'm not sure what the "It" is that is refering you to download SQLite. AIR has a version of SQLite built-in. You can add code to an AIR application to create, open and manipulate SQLite databases. (Creating a database outside AIR isn't really supported, but as long as it is compatible with the built-in SQLite version, things should work).

• 2. Re: SQ Lite in Air
            Rlayne8694 Level 1

Thank you Joe I kinda thought that. Thank you for taking the time and helping me get a better understanding of this issue!

Have a great Labor Day Holiday!!

Russell

Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:44:14 -0600

To: rlayne8694@msn.com

Subject: SQ Lite in Air

I'm not sure what the "It" is that is refering you to download SQLite. AIR has a version of SQLite built-in. You can add code to an AIR application to create, open and manipulate SQLite databases. (Creating a database outside AIR isn't really supported, but as long as it is compatible with the built-in SQLite version, things should work).

>

• 3. Re: SQ Lite in Air
              BrendonKoz Level 1

One way to verify that the SQLite Database you use (if created outside of AIR) is supported by your AIR application, is to create it using another AIR app!

I just created one the other day so I wouldn't have to worry about importing a schema, or running a huge long list of SQL commands in my application (adding to the resultant size of code, and possibly reducing readability).

Lita: http://www.dehats.com/drupal/?q=node/58

• 4. Re: SQ Lite in Air
                Rlayne8694 Level 1

Thank  you for your help I really appreciate it.

Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:15:07 -0600

To: rlayne8694@msn.com

Subject: SQ Lite in Air

One way to verify that the SQLite Database you use (if created outside of AIR) is supported by your AIR application, is to create it using another AIR app!

I just created one the other day so I wouldn't have to worry about importing a schema, or running a huge long list of SQL commands in my application (adding to the resultant size of code, and possibly reducing readability).

Lita: http://www.dehats.com/drupal/?q=node/58

>