2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2009 4:35 PM by videohelp

Importing AVCHD Footage

videohelp

When I open Premiere Elements  7 to import footage from my Canon HF100 AVCHD camcorder the program attempts to import my camera's files as .mts files. When this happens, the files stagger during playback. I am trying to import these files as .m2ts files, as they playback smoothly in this format in other programs. How can I import my footage to playback smoothly?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Importing AVCHD Footage
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you describe the process you're using to load the files from your camcorder to Premiere Elements?

If you are using the Media Downloader, the program takes the files as is from your camcorder. It doesn't convert them.

If you are using the AVCHD project preset, the files should load into your project. When you place them on the timeline, you may need to render them by pressing the Enter key so that the red lines above the video on your timeline turns green.

Note that AVCHD is a very intensive format and will likely require a quad core processor with 4 gigs of RAM to work with efficiently.

• 2. Re: Importing AVCHD Footage
            videohelp Level 1

I am using the AVCHD project preset import. I will try rendering the 

footage.

Thanks