3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2009 1:19 PM by Steve Grisetti

The quality of my video sucks

bmoye

Hey I have been searching for a way to keep the quality of my video as crisp as possible. I have a Canon Vixia HF10. When I get the media for it and play it on PE7 it is very choppy. I have tried opening a new project and changing the setting to AVCHD but that didn't seem to work. I also rendered the clip by selecting the monitor and hitting enter but that only corrected some of the clip. Can someone genius please advise me, I have a project and it is due in 4 days.

• 1. Re: The quality of my video sucks
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you ensured that the Work Area Bar is over your entire project before you rendered?

Press the \ button on your keyboard to show your whole timeline, then double-click on the Work Area Bar along the top of the timeline.

(You aren't really trying to master new software on a project due in 4 days are you? Yipes!)

• 2. Re: The quality of my video sucks
            bmoye Level 1

Thanks for the quick response....Yeah i am kinda familiar with adobe premiere 4.0 so when i got this PE7 it was sort of familiar... But right now i was testing what you said on only one clip. I got the media using the AVCHD option. I rendered the entire clip so there is a green line over the timeline when i view it. But it still looks kinda crappy comparing it to the way it looks in my camcorder. I was wondering should i convert it first. and if so what kind of converter.

• 3. Re: The quality of my video sucks
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you are using the AVCHD project preset and downloading the video with Adobe's Media Downloader, you are looking at the actual footage. No change has been made to it that will affect the quality.

You can try right-clicking on the Monitor and try setting the Magnification to 100%. That may make a difference.

But, depending on what you plan to output your video as (BluRay, standard DVD, video for web), there may be a more efficient format to convert your video to before you edit it.