2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2009 8:55 AM by pcszeng

Error# 1006 value is not a function (Transition from state to state)

pcszeng

Running Windows Vista with IIS7 and using the IIS as the web server for Adobe Flash Builder 4 Beta. It worked before but now it doesn't. The full error is:

Error: Property width is not a property or a style on object loggedIn: TypeError: Error #1006: value is not a function..
          at spark.effects.supportClasses::AnimateInstance/setupStyleMapEntry()[E:\dev\beta1\framework s\projects\flex4\src\spark\effects\supportClasses\AnimateInstance.as:957]
          at spark.effects.supportClasses::AnimateInstance/getCurrentValue()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\p rojects\flex4\src\spark\effects\supportClasses\AnimateInstance.as:990]
          at spark.effects.supportClasses::AnimateInstance/finalizeValues()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\pr ojects\flex4\src\spark\effects\supportClasses\AnimateInstance.as:570]

It happens when I want it to do a transition from one state to another. The setup is a panel horizantalCenter at 0 and verticalCenter at 0 with the width starting at 400 and the height at 300. There's a button there that will trigger the changing of the currentState so that it can do a transition or the changing of the panel to a width of 800 and height of 600. It triggers if I have the transition but doesn't if I don't put the code:

<s:transitions>
              <s:Transition fromState="*" toState="*">
                  <s:Resize duration="1000" target="loggedIn" />
              </s:Transition>
          </s:transitions>

I traced the error from when I changed the state using setCurrentState("loggedIn", true) in the SCRIPT code. What I don't get is how come it doesn't understand the WIDTH Property when making a transition or is this something that's just happening to me?