2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2009 2:36 PM by DilipShah

Timeout issue in Flex 4

DilipShah Level 1
      I 'ported' my Flex 3 project to Flex 4 and on a particular component I have been facing a peculiar problem.
      Through the application navigation, when I come to this component, the application times out with the following exception:
      Error: Error #1502: A script has executed for longer than the default timeout period of 15 seconds.
      at mx.managers.layoutClasses::PriorityQueue/contains()
      at mx.managers.layoutClasses::PriorityQueue/removeSmallestChild()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\pr ojects\framework\src\mx\managers\layoutClasses\PriorityQueue.as:285]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateClient()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\projects\framework\sr c\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:966]
      at mx.core::UIComponent/validateNow()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core \UIComponent.as:6881]
      at mx.core::UIComponent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::validateBaselinePosition()[E:\dev\beta1\framew orks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:6917]
      at spark.components.supportClasses::SkinnableComponent/getBaselinePositionForPart()[E:\dev\b eta1\frameworks\projects\flex4\src\spark\components\supportClasses\SkinnableComponent.as:9 02]
      at spark.components.supportClasses::TextBase/get baselinePosition()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\projects\flex4\src\spark\components\supportCla sses\TextBase.as:290]
      at mx.containers::FormItem/updateDisplayList()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\projects\framework\sr c\mx\containers\FormItem.as:993]
      at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\projects\framework\src \mx\core\UIComponent.as:7691]
      at mx.core::Container/validateDisplayList()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\projects\framework\src\m x\core\Container.as:3208]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateDisplayList()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\projects\framewo rk\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:663]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\projects\frame work\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:718]
      at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()[E:\dev\beta1\frameworks\projec ts\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:1067]
      The problem seems to be associated with two-way data binding that I have implemented on this component that has FormItems in Spark Group container. The behavior is inconsistent and seemingly unpredictable though!
      Has anyone experienced this type of behavior? Any suggestions on way out of this?
      Dilip Shah
        • 1. Re: Timeout issue in Flex 4
          Umal Kumar Adobe Employee

Hi Dilip,

This error means the application is not able o get back the data which it requested for within the default timeout for flex application i.e 15 seconds.

You can try to increase the timeout in the application tag of your main mxml application and then check if you still receive the RTE. If you do not get the RTE you can work on your code and see why the data you requested is not getting back to the application within the specified timeout.

• 2. Re: Timeout issue in Flex 4
            DilipShah Level 1

The data necessary for the component is already in the model (client-side). I'm going to try to recreate the issue in a smaller app and share the app and the code.

Dilip