3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2008 4:39 AM by robdillon

dcr file problems

J S 23
      I have been uploading to a server several tests for a project that I am working on. I am having a problem with the latest published folder. When I attemp to view it online I get the following:

"Error 403 - Forbidden
      You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges."

The only thing I see that's different from the others that have run successfully is that the dcr file shows up as a "raw" file icon when I "get info" on it. The successful ones have the dcr icon.

Any idea why I'm gettting this?

thanks!
        • 1. Re: dcr file problems
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant
          Be sure that you are uploading the .dcr as data and not text.
          • 2. dcr file problems
            J S 23 Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: Rob Dillon
            Be sure that you are uploading the .dcr as data and not text.

The problem occurs before the upload.

Just saw something else. When publishing, it's not creating the "index.html." It's only creating an html with my file name. I've never had this happen. An index.html has always been published along with the other files. I think this is the problem. Any suggestions on a solution? Thanks.
            • 3. Re: dcr file problems
              robdillon Most Valuable Participant
              Check your publish settings. Director will usually produce all of the file types that you select using the current .dir file's file name. To get an index.html, you will have to edit the file name of the html file output. Does the .dcr file look normal on your computer when you publish it? Can you play it from your hard drive?