2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2009 6:20 AM by rahi911

ItemRenderer: Dynamically change or not use one depending on a condition

rahi911

Hi,

I am using custom ListItemRenderer for displaying format and its images on one of the columns on one of the tabs. But, I have other tabs with the same column but, on this column I just need to display text.

I have the data in an ArrayCollection of Objects with "format" as the String property. I am using AdvancedDataGridColumn and setting the itemRenderer property on creationComplete.

The instance where I need to display images and formats, its working fine. However, on the other tabs where I have to display just the format text, I dont see anything.

Is there a way to dynamically change or not to use the ItemRenderer for the column. I would like to set ItemRenderer based on a condition or status at runtime so that depending on the tab I am at, I want to use the ItemRenderer and on other tabs, I just want to display directly the dataField of "format".

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank You.

• 2. Re: ItemRenderer: Dynamically change or not use one depending on a condition
          rahi911 Level 1

private

function creationCompleteHandler():

void

{

var formatReportItemRenderer:ClassFactory = new ClassFactory(FormatReportItemRenderer);

formatReportItemRenderer.properties = { reportUrl: Config.getInstance().reportUrl,

userName: Config.getInstance().userID };

formatReportColumn.itemRenderer = formatReportItemRenderer;

}

<mx:VBox

width="100%" height="100%"

>

<mx:AdvancedDataGrid id="dataGrid" width="100%" height="100%" dataProvider="{reportInstances}" creationComplete="creationCompleteHandler()">

<mx:columns>

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn headerText="Product" dataField="productName"/>

<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn headerText="Format" dataField="format" id="formatReportColumn"

/>

<!--<mx:AdvancedDataGridColumn headerText="Format" dataField="format" />-->

</mx:columns>

</mx:AdvancedDataGrid>

As you see, Format column is using an ItemRenderer. But, this format column is on multiple tabs on my screen. I would like to use this ItemRenderer only on of my tabs. But on other tabs, I would like to display the text directly which is under dataField format as specified. Right now, the ItemRenderer works fine on the tab where I want to display image for a format. But, on other tabs where I just want to display the text, I dont see anything.