6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2009 10:27 PM by Mylenium

After Effects dosent load up

chelseafc000

Hey guys

I downloaded After Effects trial today, and it was working fine, making some intros for my friends. when i wanted it to start after effects up again a error comes up saying "After Effects Can't continue sorry, After Effects has crashed." then it sends u a link to come here

I havent got a good knowledge about computer's only Editing.

Your Help will be very grateful

Cheers Ash

• 1. Re: After Effects dosent load up
          chelseafc000 Level 1

Any Chance of some Advice ??

cheers

ash

• 2. Re: After Effects dosent load up
            Drew Giggity Level 1

How many days total have you been using it? What are your system specs? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling or clicking on "repair"?

Drew

• 3. Re: After Effects dosent load up
              chelseafc000 Level 1

this is my first day of downloading it. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling - and my specs i have 1 - 2 gb of ram not sure not good with computer only editing and i have no idea were the repair button is

cheers ash

• 4. Re: After Effects dosent load up
                Drew Giggity Level 1

You may want to first make sure that your computer can handle the load. Check your system specs by right clicking "My Computer" >> Properties (this will display your processor / memory speed. You can also go into the device manager and ensure that your graphics card / memory / OS are what the program calls for. If you only have 1GB of RAM you may be pushing your luck for these applications to run. They can use huge amounts of memory and if the memory or other system specs aren't to the minimum requirements, the program may not function correctly. Check things out and make sure your computer can run it first.

The "repair" button should be located next to the "uninstall" button on the "programs and features" tab, located in the control panel.

Hope this helps,

Drew

• 5. Re: After Effects dosent load up
                  yenaphe Level 4

Also when does the bug occurs ? Is it during the starting screen ?

And BTW, minimum spec is 2GB of ram, so if you have only 1, you'll surely get problems.

• 6. Re: After Effects dosent load up
                    Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
                    and i have no idea were the repair button is

When you uninstall, you should be presented with an option to also install additional components/ repair the install, respectively. Anyway, as a first step, always trash the prefs. Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift during program startup to create a new prefs file or manually delete the old one. Information on where to find it is contained in this post on my AE error code database. Of course Drew and Sébastien are right - with only 1 GB of RAM, crashes seem inevitable, even for some simple tasks. It's in the nature of how AE works.

Mylenium