8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2009 6:34 AM by legrosb

FlexUnit 4 Ant Task Not Reporting Test Suites

Erik Reedstrom

The CIListener is outputting what is expected; i.e. the XML test data. However, the FlexUnit ant task seems to be dropping some of the tests, failing to output them in into JUnit reports.

For instance, I have a framework with 41 tests, 5 ignored, across 10 Suites. UIListener and CIListener both show 36 run with 5 ignored/skipped. However, on my CI server (Bamboo 2.3.1 build 1402), the FlexUnit ant  task prints only 7 tests, 0 skipped, across 4 suites. Local builds are better, but I still only get 9 of 10 suites built.  This behavior is not present with the .9 FlexUnit ant task using the JUnitListener; all tests/suites are printed

I've attached an excerpt from the build log showing the ant task verbose output as well as the XML output from the CIListene

• 1. Re: FlexUnit 4 Ant Task Not Reporting Test Suites
          legrosb Level 3

@Erik - We haven't seen this behavior as of yet, so we'll have to replicate your environment to reproduce it.  Can you tell me the following:

- Platform: Windows, Max OS X, Linux

- Version of the standalone Flash Player

- Version of Ant

- Version of Java

- What you're using to run you CI server headlessly?

- What version of the FlexUnit4 code base you're using: turnkey or build from source?

This will give me a good start to setting up an environment to match what you have.  Once I have the details, I'll let you know what I find.  Thanks.

-Brian

• 2. Re: FlexUnit 4 Ant Task Not Reporting Test Suites
            Erik Reedstrom Level 1

Environment (Local):

•   RedHat Linux EL5

•   Flash Player 10 Debug (Linux)

•   Ant 1.7.1

•   Java 1.6.0

•   Xvfb (xorg-x11-server-Xvfb-1.1.1-48.52.el5.i386.rpm)

•   FlexUnit4 and FlexUnit4 Ant Task from Source (Updated from HEAD)

Environment (Local):

•   Mac OS X (10.5.7)

•   Flash Player 10 Debug

•   Ant 1.7.1

•   Java 1.6.0

•   Running Ant through Eclipse (Tests run in Flash Player)

•   FlexUnit4 and FlexUnit4 Ant Task from Source (Updated from HEAD)

*Please note that problem exists on both environments, but to a lesser degree on the local box.

• 3. Re: FlexUnit 4 Ant Task Not Reporting Test Suites
              legrosb Level 3

@Erik - Just to verify, you're using the latest version of the FlexUnit4CIListener project from source in addition to the main FlexUnit4 project source correct?  If you're using one of the pre-built swc's there may be something out of date that we can update.  The type of error you're seeing is something we were experiencing before the latests patches for the Ant task went out, so that's the only reason I ask.  Additionally, are any of your tests using Async or UIImpersonator?  Thanks for any info you can pass along.

-Brian

• 4. Re: FlexUnit 4 Ant Task Not Reporting Test Suites
                Erik Reedstrom Level 1

Correct, I am building from source on all projects.  I am not using Async or UIImpersonator.  I am using standard Assert, and some Hammercrest.  I will be using UIImpersonator in the future, so please let me know if there is an issue I should be aware of.

_Erik

• 5. Re: FlexUnit 4 Ant Task Not Reporting Test Suites
                  mlabriola Level 4

No issue with UIImpersonator. Just trying to replicate as precisely as possible.

Thanks,

Mike

• 6. Re: FlexUnit 4 Ant Task Not Reporting Test Suites
                    legrosb Level 3

@Erik - Sorry its taken so long to get back to you.  I've published a patch the ant task and have another coming available hopefully this weekend, to try and address issues people were seeing with localTrusted=false not working correctly and policy-files being incorrectly formatted.  With this patches came a bit of refactoring and cleaning up of the code base.  You may want to give the latest build of the Ant task and CIListener project a go to see if they help any.  If not, let us know and we'll see if we can revisit your issue again.

-Brian

• 7. Re: FlexUnit 4 Ant Task Not Reporting Test Suites
                      Erik Reedstrom Level 1

@Brian - Sounds good.  Will give it a go this week.

-Erik

• 8. Re: FlexUnit 4 Ant Task Not Reporting Test Suites
                        legrosb Level 3

@Erik - Today I sent in the paperwork to get commit rights to SVN for the project, so I am going to focus next on updating the debug output, which may help more that the current changes on the trunk.  There is another outstanding issue on the forums, so I suspect that user could benefit as well.  If you can hold off until later in the week when I have commit rights, I'll let you know when the changes are available.