Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sizes and resolutions for recording and publishing

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using Captivate4 as part of othe TCS2 on a desktop with 2 large monitors. Here is my question:

I work with my monitors set at at resolution of 1280 * 1024.  My end user video must have a MAX resolution of 1024 * 768.  My questions are:

1- when I recorded my monitor at the resolution of 1280 * 1024 and hit publish, captivate said that the resolution settings were: 844 * 552 pixels.  However, when the swf is produced and I look at it, it says movie properties: 1095 * 583 (dimensions). I think the +24 is the player at the bottom.

2-I did the same as step 2 and added a TOC -- publish size still said 844 * 552 but final was 1094*576. I think the +250 is the TOC.

Does this mean that in order to have a final product of 1024 * 768 including a player bar and a TOC, my max recording size is 774 * 774 ?  It would appear that a TOC adds 250 and a player adds 24. And why doesn't Captivate tell you that in the preferences screen when you are clicking "publish"?

Any and all advice/info is appreciated.

TIA,

Adriana

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So further to my questions above... is there a way to make the TOC smaller/narrower so it doesn't increase the size by 250?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Your issue is perplexing to say the least. When you record a project, the dimensions are what you used during the recording. This is independent of the current monitor resolution. So even if my monitor is configured for 1280 x 1024, if I recorded an area sized at 800 x 600 I get a project sized at 800 x 600. And unfortunately, with Captivate 4 if I choose a playback control it will add in whatever pixel dimensions it needs to present the playback controls. No way around that I'm afraid.

During playback I should see that I get an area sized at 800 x 600 (again, regardless of the monitor resolution).

Sorry, no way around the TOC width. You might wish to use the overlay style. If you would like to see that future Captivate versions behave differently, please consider submitting a wish form to ask for the ability to control TOC width and placement. (Link is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick - I appreciate your insight and glad to know I was not mistaken. I did set the TOC as overlay... its hard to see with the small >> icon at top-left that isn't customizable but it does show a TOC button on the playbar and its better than nothing... I have submitted a wish to Adobe -- wouldn't it be nice 😉

Cheers,

-A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources