• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The help page you are looking for can be found at here.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm trying to reach context sensitive help by constructing a URL like this: "http://helpsite.com/robohelp/server?area=abc_12&prj=asd_21&ctxid=555"

This URL is then opened in a simplified browser but all we get is a page saying: "The help page you are looking for can be found at here." By clicking on "here" you will eventuall be forwarded to the correct home page. I've searched through the server installation for this text and it can be found in a few places:

• onRequestNewWnd.htm
  • win_def_redirect.asp
  • win_ie_iframe.asp
  • win_ns_iframe.asp

Not quite sure what any of that means so I'm hoping someone here can help me.

Kind Regards,

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Hi Erik,

The page that you get has javascript code to open a popup window to launch page containing context sensitive help. If you view source of the page you get for CSH link, you will find it has javascript code like :

<script language="JavaScript" src="/robohelp/robo//server/resource/window.js"></script>

<script language="JavaScript">

//function Main()

{

var cWnd = new CWindow();

cWnd.m_bUseProp = 1;

cWnd.m_strFrameName = 'DHW_TestCSH|RHS_CSH';

cWnd.m_strURL  = '/roboh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erik,

The page that you get has javascript code to open a popup window to launch page containing context sensitive help. If you view source of the page you get for CSH link, you will find it has javascript code like :

<script language="JavaScript" src="/robohelp/robo//server/resource/window.js"></script>

<script language="JavaScript">

//function Main()

{

var cWnd = new CWindow();

cWnd.m_bUseProp = 1;

cWnd.m_strFrameName = 'DHW_TestCSH|RHS_CSH';

cWnd.m_strURL  = '/robohelp/server?%26mgr%3Dagm%26agt%3Dwsm%26wnd%3DTestCSH%7CRHS_CSH%26tpc%3D%2Frobohelp%2Frobo%2Fserver%2Fgeneral%2Fprojects%2FTestCSH%2FTopic1.htm%26ctxid%3D2%26project%3DTestCSH';

SetRect( cWnd, 5, 5, 90, 90, 0, 0, 0, 0 );

SetProperty( cWnd, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1 );

Execute( cWnd );

};

</script>

May be you have popup blocker enabled in your browser and that’s why popup window containing the help doesn’t open up.

The reason its launched in a separate browser window is so that CSH window properties specified in help layout can be applied on the new window.

It’s designed to work this way because CSH window has certain properties applied on it like width, height etc which are specified in webhelp pro window used while publishing and the idea behind opening CSH topic in a separate window is that we can apply the CSH window settings.

Same behavior was there for RHS 7 as well.

Actually the way this URL is expected to be used for CSH is that this URL will be directly called from some html page and since we do not want CSH help window to replace the calling html page, it’s opened in a new popup window.

If you have to do away with the popup window and want the page to open directly by entering the URL, then there is a workaround, but in that case your CSH window won’t have the properties specified in Webhelp Pro window used while publishing Webhelp Pro to RoboHelp Server 8.

The workaround is as follows:

1) Backup <RHS8_Install>/WEB-INF/SysWebPrjLst/wnd_ie_iframe.asp and <RHS8_Install>/WEB-INF/SysWebPrjLst/wnd_ns_window.asp

2) Stop Tomcat service

3) Edit <RHS8_Install>/WEB-INF/SysWebPrjLst/wnd_ie_iframe.asp and <RHS8_Install>/WEB-INF/SysWebPrjLst/wnd_ns_window.asp and copy following text in these files:

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; url=<%=strWorkspaceURL%>">

</head>

<body>

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">The help page you are looking for can be found at <a href="<%=strWorkspaceURL%>">here</a>.</font>

</body>

</html>

4) Delete all files in <RHS8_Install>/robo/server/resource

5) Start tomcat service again

Now the CSH url should take you directly to the help page you are looking for.

Regards

Tulika.

RoboHelp Server Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With respect to my original thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/482672?tstart=0

this has "sort of" solved the problem of the annoying window, but I have to take to task the logic behind this process.

You wrote:

"It’s designed to work this way because CSH window has certain properties applied on it like width, height etc which are specified in webhelp pro window used while publishing and the idea behind opening CSH topic in a separate window is that we can apply the CSH window settings."

Well, yes, but having an intermediate window to open the REAL window is an extra click and really, really annoying. No other CSH system that I know of does this.

You wrote:

"Same behavior was there for RHS 7 as well."

No way, man. My existing system is RHS 7. Before that it was RHS 6. They certainly DID NOT operate this way. They crash a lot and produce lots of protocolhost.exe errors, and the service stops by itself once a week, but when it's working, the user presses F1 in the application and the CSH opens up in the window that is defined in WebHelp Pro in RH 7.

You wrote:

"Actually the way this URL is expected to be used for CSH is that this URL will be directly called from some html page and since we do not want CSH help window to replace the calling html page, it’s opened in a new popup window."

Explain the logic behind this principle? The CSH is called from an application, whether it be a web based app or VB6 module or a dotNet module of some kind, whatever. The user clicks the Help link or F1 or whatever principle is decided upon, and they EXPECT the help to open in its own window. What they DO NOT expect is a window to open with a link to the help.

I have applied this work-around, and I am still not satisfied. The pop-up with the text : "The help page you are looking for can be found at here" still appears (although only briefly) before the "proper" help page is launched. As far as I'm concerned, this is not the solution I am looking for. I can wear the inconvenience and the expense of changing the code in our applications to suit the upgrade to RHS8, but, for the same amount, I can deploy better tools than what Adobe has on offer to arrive at a more satisfactory solution.

Oh, and the sentence "The help page you are looking for can be found at here" fails grammatically because of poor parallel construction in the form of the additional article "at". The sentence should read: "The help page you are looking for can be found here." If you are going to develop tools for use by Technical Writers, you had better get the grammar right or you have no credibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still a problem in RH11 and was not a problem in RH7.  This is not a problem if using Google Chrome, only in IE.  Has anyone found a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp