Exit

Theme not localized: Cannot publish in japanese

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to localize the Text labels for the player via

Theme Editor > Modify Text Labels > Language > Japanese

the list for "Buttons/ Messages" and "Custom Text" is shown correctly in Japanese.

After publishing, however, all labels are being shown in german (I'm sitting in front of a german Windows XP).

Moreover, every time I re-open the "Player Text Labels" window (which opens after you click on "Modify Text Labels"), the selected choice is english again!?!?

How can I publish content so that all labels are being displayed in japanese?

I'm using Presenter 7.0.5

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blik ,

Actually Modify Text labels allow you to edit labels that will be shown when that file will be published . Language of play bar shown will depend on Operating System's  language if it is being played locally.Try playing that same content on Japanese OS  . In case of Connect , language setting for content decides language to be shown .

-Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leo,

unfortunately that doesn't work 😞

I uploaded it to the Connect server, chose Japanese (日本語) as language, but all the label texts are still in german. But your answer sounds logical, sigh.

Can anyone confirm that this behaviour is a bug?

Can Presenter be forced to display label texts in a specific language? (Actually, that's a feature that I'm looking for and that I expect to exist.)

Alternatively, I attached a small test-presentation to this post. If anyone with a japanese OS could try to run it and confirm that on a japanese OS the label texts are in japanese, that would be helpful...

Thank you all,

Blik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ups, where's the attachment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right,it is not honouring Content language settings . I tried the content you uploaded on a Chinese system(i did not have any japanese system ) and labels were shown in chinese . So that is confirmed

-Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the workaround to set the <language id="ja"> in the vconfig.xml

Basically if you paste the japanese content into all <language> sections, you force the player to display japanese labels no matter what language your OS is. So my current problem is solved.

Nevertheless I would strongly encourage Adobe to implement a new feature where the user is able to force the display language and/ or introduce a new property e.g.

<uishow name="language" value="ja">

If this has a value <> NULL, the given language should be used.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources