• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Recording, slides will not import to Captivate Project, Captivate suddenly closes.

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a serious issue with my Captivate. When I am finished recording, I hit the END key and the import status bar appears, like normal. However, while attempting to import the recorded slides, suddenly a message appears saying "Adobe Captivate has encountered a problem and must close".

This happens without fail, no matter how long I was recording for and no matter how big or small my captivate project. I have attempted to reboot, use a different captivate file, Uninstall and Reinstall captivate, deleted my Unused Items from my Captivate Library, etc etc - but to no avail. The same thing keeps happening. Also note that I have about 4gb of RAM on my computer, which should be plenty.

Please help!

CaptivateErrorMessage.jpg

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

When you uninstalled Adobe Captivate did you check the option "Remove Preferences"? If not then please try uninstalling again with that option selected. If this does not solve the problem then pleas report this issue to the Captivate support team using the web address I have included below.

<a href="http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=5"><strong>Adobe Captivate Feature Request/Bug Report Form</strong></a>

Regards - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources