4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2009 11:32 AM by the_wine_snob

Sound Card issue in CS4

JBrown321 Level 1

Are there any known issues with Soundblaster Audigy cards inside Premiere CS4?  The reason I am asking is that I have a fairly old SB Audigy 4800 and when I use this as my default device, my audio crackles and is fuzzy at random times when it is playing back.  Anyone know what may be causing this?

• 1. Re: Sound Card issue in CS4
          Harm Millaard Level 7

SoundBlaster has gained quite a reputation for bloated software and all kinds of problems. Better use on board audio.

• 2. Re: Sound Card issue in CS4
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            have a fairly old SB Audigy 4800 and when I use this as my default device, my audio crackles and is fuzzy at random times when it is playing back.

The first place that I would look would be to the mechanical connections of both the card (to MoBo) and then to all hardware. Next would be installing the latest drivers. Should neither of these prove useful, you might explore ASIO4ALL, as your ASIO driver. Still, the nature of the problem smacks of a mechanical issue. Besides those mentioned above, it could also be in the circuitry of the card itself. Can you test substitute another card?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Sound Card issue in CS4
              JBrown321 Level 1

No I don't ahve another card to test.  I don't mind setting the default device to premiere pro sound, but I have sync issues, esspecially with using firewire output.  I have the latest drivers, and it's a pretty old card, so I may just look at getting something newer. Any suggestions on a good sound card that's not really expensive that works well with Premiere?

• 4. Re: Sound Card issue in CS4
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Personally, I have had good results with an SB Live 24-bit card, but Harm makes a good point - many have not been so fortunate. M-Audio gets a lot of good marks from many on the Audition forum.

Good luck,

Hunt