4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2009 10:19 AM by Eric Addison

another update for CS4?

JBrown321 Level 1

Does anyone think Adobe is working on aother update?  There are still several major (in my opinion) problems with the 4.1 update, especially the program and output monitor issue. Just wandering?

• 1. Re: another update for CS4?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Anyone here who KNOWS anything, such as being a Beta testor, has had to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement

Anyone else is just guessing... my GUESS is that Adobe is concentrating on Win7 compatibility and, I hope, a 64bit version

• 2. Re: another update for CS4?
            Jim_Simon Level 8

It would be nice if a 4.2 update came out that included AVC-I support, as well as fixed some issues.  Though I don't hold out much hope for that.  Adobe has a history of making people pay for bug fixes with a new version.

• 3. Re: another update for CS4?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Often, when an update is being worked on, little hints and clues appear in press releases and podcasts, usually cryptically placed and very vague. Sharp readers and viewers usually rush here with those tid-bits, asking for clarifications. As no one has posted any of these, it would seem that all work is on CS5 at the moment.

Does this preculde a CS4.2? No way, and maybe Adobe has just been tight-lipped about it. Still, with not even a whisper, I'd think that it would be unlikely. That said, as John points out - it's but a "guess."

Hunt

• 4. Re: another update for CS4?
                Eric Addison User Group Manager

I don't have any inside info, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if another update is in the works...one that includes AVC-I support, bug fixes, and maybe FCP export...and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was released within the next few months.

Again, I haven't heard anything from anyone - just my guess...