Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 - Removing TRs

Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I have been working with RoboHelp 7 for a few months now and as a web developer, I'm not too happy with it. I'm sure it's great for the WYSIWYG people, but I enjoy coding stuff and having it coded the way I wanted. Sorry, just a little vent. Onwards to the issue...

I have a decently sized project. I have a table with a TH that spans 3 columns. Below that is another series of TH's. The problem I'm having is it will remove the TRs for those headings which messes up the whole table.

Also, right about that is a div that has a conditional build. I don't believe that matters because I have another table on a different page that looks just fine, but only one series of TH's.

I just don't get why RoboHelp thinks removing the TR tags for the headings, as if to make them all one row, is helpful in anyway.

Sorry for my frustration, but I thought I was close to finishing this project

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

RoboHelp is not a fully fledged html editor, and it's not a tool for webdesign. You can use all the basic html, but when it comes to DIV's, non standard tables, floating lists, multiple style sheets and so on, I always use an external editor. I don't know why Robo removes your TH, but it probably doesn't understand it, since a 'regular table' doesn't have such headers.

The only thing that'll solve your problem, is to use a third party editor for the specific file. You will however lose the benefits of RoboHelp (conditional build tags, variables, etc).

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's discouraging. I'm going to try out RH8 and see if it's any better. If not, I'll just have to come up with a different solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Discouraging? Only if you expect a fully blown webdesign tool... If you want to be able to use all html features, you better get Dreamweaver.

Robo8 is much better than Robo7 in many ways, but I find the table support still somewhat limited. Let us know how it works out for you.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's discouraging because I type something in and it later removes it for no obvious reason. By no means do I want a full blown web-design program, I'm fine with Notepad myself, but it would be nice if the parsing portion wasn't so poor. I also just dislike how it adds <robohelp> around some of my div tags. It doesn't seem to affect them, but I'd like to know the purpose of that as well as it using the <td_null> tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I guess the reason is that RoboHelp doesn't understand the code. Try attaching four of five style sheets, each for different media, Robo will change that to. Since it isn't a web design tool, the html options are somewhat limited. That's why I use Notepad++ for topics that require some more 'advanced' html

Those tags are RoboHelps way to know what's happening. You'll soon find the tags SPACES, p-implicit tags, several X-xxx (x-use-null-cells) tags, conditional build tags are span classes... All are just RoboHelps way of knowing what's going on and these tags don't appear in your output. -- This is much better in Robo8 tough, it uses xhtml 1.0 transitional and has much cleaner code.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp