5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2009 6:30 PM by the_wine_snob

Importing a font?

rtprtp Level 1

Hi all,

Can I import a font into PE7 and use it in the titles?

Thanks, Stan

• 1. Re: Importing a font?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Stan,

You do not Import a font into a program. You install that font in the system and the program then uses it.

Use Control Panel>Fonts to add (install) the font to the system.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Importing a font?
            rtprtp Level 1

Duh...I should have known that. Just did it.

Thanks Hunt!

• 3. Re: Importing a font?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Stan,

Don't feel bad. Similar takes on this happen all of the time in the InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Encore and other program fora.

One of the things that confused many was that Adobe used to ship with fonts in "Goodies" folders, etc., and these had to be manually installed. Now, most of the included OTF's are installed in the system, when the programs are installed - many do not realize that this has happened.

Glad you got the font that you needed.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - note that not all programs can use all installed fonts, though most Adobe programs can.

• 4. Re: Importing a font?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

One little addendum to the PS above: not ALL fonts will display in all Adobe programs, even if they appear in the lists and can be used by some other programs. Isabelle, Isabella, and several variations on these, plus others, just will not display properly. Why? I have never been able to figure this out, but would assume that it has something to do with how the font is written.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Importing a font?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Along the lines of fonts and font management, I use a font manager, as I have over 12,000 fonts on my workstation. However, I seldom have more than about 200 installed at any one time. I use my font manager and will group my fonts by client, by Project, or by type, so I can dynamically add/remove these, as is needed from the system.

Hope some of this might have helped.

Good luck,

Hunt