2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2009 4:30 PM by the_wine_snob

How to re-open files stored on external drive?

tmorga01 Level 1

I'm attempting to open a project that has been stored on an external hardrive, however although I've copied all files relative to the project along with the project file itself back to the main hardrive; when the sequence opens in the timeline it is without most of the clips & shows the universal "video is offline" message!

What am I doing wrong and what is the correct procedure?

• 1. Re: How to re-open files stored on external drive?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Make sure you use the EXACT same drive letter and directory structure as previously. When asked for the first file, locate that file and then PR will automatically find the rest if the are in the same directory.

• 2. Re: How to re-open files stored on external drive?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

If you follow Harm's suggestion, all should be great - unless you have chosen to Offline All, or Ignore All and then done a Save over your Project file. If you have, I'd go back to that external and copy the Project file over again, as you will want to use the semi-automatic Linking, as described by Harm. To manually re-Link all Offline Media would temp me to maybe look at the latest AutoSave version. You CAN manually re-Link the media, but that is labor intensive.

Good luck, and do follow Harm's suggestions,

Hunt