2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2009 3:26 AM by $Raymond$

EncryptPDFUsingCertificates Error

$Raymond$

I would like to Invoke the web service by .NET web reference. It works fine for others service but the encryptPDFUsingCertificates() in EncryptionService returns error.

I generate a certificate by keytool(JAVA 7) with key usage for encryption, and following the code in http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/help/000057.html

After compiles and runs, it shows error.

com.adobe.livecycle.encryption.client.EncryptionServiceException: Generic PDFEncryptionException--problem in PDF Encryption API: Unable to build recipients -- Operation failed(error code bin: 259, hex: 0x103) -- (error code bin: 1, hex: 0x1)
      Caused By: Generic PDFEncryptionException--problem in PDF Encryption API: Unable to build recipients -- Operation failed(error code bin: 259, hex: 0x103)(ExceptionHandler.java49)
      Caused By: Unable to build recipients(SecurityLockPKIImpl.java103)
      Caused By: Unable to encode RecipientInfo.(null-1)

Could anyone can help on this? I hang on this for days.

Many thanks!!!

Raymond

• 1. Re: EncryptPDFUsingCertificates Error
          Hodmi Level 4

If you seperate out the .Net access and try to do the same operation via a workflow do you get the same error?

The other thing that may be causing you an issue is the use of Java 7 for the keytool.  LiveCycle 8.2 only supported Java 5.   I'm not sure if this is causing your issus, but it may be something to look into.

• 2. Re: EncryptPDFUsingCertificates Error
            $Raymond$ Level 1

First, thanks for you reply.

I call the web service again through java but the error still exists.

If I use Java 5 to generate the certificate, I cannot generate one that have "Key Usage" extension on the certificate.

And if I use that certificate for encryption, it causes another error that is "Incorrect Key Usage".