4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2009 11:23 AM by the_wine_snob

Adding a stroke to a clip in CS4

Deaner77 Level 1

I have a clip iof video that I have masked out using "Track Matte Key" with a shape I drew on a title slide. I would like to draw a stroke around the little video that has been masked. How can I do this?

TIA

Dean

• 1. Re: Adding a stroke to a clip in CS4
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Dean,

The easiest would be to create another Title (can be based on the one that you used for your Matte), with a rectangle with an Outer Stroke. This would be done in Titler. You would just size up your rectangle slightly, and place it on a Video Track below your PiP video. Note: you will want to make sure that your Track Matte Keying Effect is still referenced (remember you have moved everything up by one Video Track) for your PiP video.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Adding a stroke to a clip in CS4
            Deaner77 Level 1

Thanks,

I thought about that, but was hoping there was a nice way to add a stroke without the "extra" work. This will have to do.

Dean

• 3. Re: Adding a stroke to a clip in CS4
              the_wine_snob Level 9

With the Title_Based On, it's pretty simple, since you already have your rectangle there. You do not want to edit that Title, as you're using it as a Track Matte. Still, the work, the location and the sizing is there. You might be able to just add an Outer Stroke and not even have to do any resizing, as this Outer Stroke will be "outside" of that original rectangle and should be visible beyond your Video, sized by the Track Matte Keying.

Personally, I find creating Titles Bases On the Title in the Titler is a great time saver and I use it very, very often. Saves a ton of extra work.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Adding a stroke to a clip in CS4
                the_wine_snob Level 9

I just did this with one click (Based On) with Enter to accept default Title name, one click (Select my rectangle), one click Outer Stroke twirldown, one click Add, and one scrub to size this Outer Stroke to 3 pixels.

Good luck,

Hunt