6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2009 6:26 AM by Wicklow Bob RSS

Impossible to save a pdf file with Adobe Reader 9.1.3

etiab

Hello,

Adobe Reader 9.1.3 since a few day and it's impossible for me to save datas written in a form. Only solution : print the filled form :-(

http://cjoint.com/?jdqDQki6sQ

Thanks in advance for your help.

François

• 1. Re: Impossible to save a pdf file with Adobe Reader 9.1.3
          Bernd Alheit CommunityMVP

The form must be enabled for saving with Adobe Reader.

• 2. Re: Impossible to save a pdf file with Adobe Reader 9.1.3
            km-cat Community Member

Ever since I installed Adobe Reader 9.1.3, the SAVE option NO longer appears on the option bar.  Many of my financial companies use PDF or Adobe Reader so that you can SAVE your monthly statements.  This function can no longer be performed.  WHY?

• 3. Re: Impossible to save a pdf file with Adobe Reader 9.1.3
              ~graffiti CommunityMVP

If you had a "File>Save" option before and do not now, you probably had Acrobat and not Reader or they used to enable the forms (less likely). The "File>Save" function isn't available in Reader unless as I mentioned, the file is enabled.

You "should" see a choice to "save a copy" though.

• 4. Re: Impossible to save a pdf file with Adobe Reader 9.1.3
                FP338

No, I have this same problem. The "save" button that looked liked a disk is not at the top menu bar anymore in Adobe Reader 9. This apparently is a problem with the upgrade to Reader 9 and won't work on Vista machines. I tested this on my husband's computer which is xp. He has Adobe Reader 9, and when you open pdf files from a web site, the save button is there. But, not on my machine.

Some forums suggest turning off security protection in internet options, but that didn't work. I downloaded and tried to open in Firefox, and that didn't work. It is apparently a Vista issue with the adobe upgrade. Can't find any solutions online anywhere. I would uninstall 9 and go back to 8, but now can't find a download for 8 onlilne???

This is a real problem, with companies going green, many offer to provide statements online in pdf format, in lieu of mailing and will give customers a small discount. But, we now are unable to download the files. FRUSTRATING!!

I tried calling technical support, but you have to have a contract. Adobe reader is free, so how do we get help??

• 5. Re: Impossible to save a pdf file with Adobe Reader 9.1.3
                  ~graffiti CommunityMVP

Technically, that button isn't a "save" button, it's a "save as" button. You need to reset your toolbar.

Sorry. It sounds like you are using the browser plug-in. I was assuming you were opening from within Reader itself.

• 6. Re: Impossible to save a pdf file with Adobe Reader 9.1.3
                    Wicklow Bob
                    I have the same problem, I recently had to buy a new computer, it uses windows vista and when I went to my financial institution to download my statements I could no longer save the pdf forms. This is something I did monthly when I was on my windows xp machine. When I tried the save as button in the adobe page the button was there and you could click it but nothing happened after that. I upgraded reader to version 9.2 and tried but this time the save as button was no longer there. I went to another machine which had version 9.1 and vista, the button was there but would not function. My bank says I should be able to save the form and the save as button was not greyed out.
                    Under document properties it says
                    Printing:                                             Allowed
                    Document Assembly:                         Not Allowed
                    content copying:                                  Allowed
                    Content Copying for Accessibility:     Allowed
                    Page Extractions:                              Allowed
                    Commenting:                                   Not Allowed
                    Filing of forms fields:                         Allowed
                    Signing:                                             Not allowed
                    Creation of Template Pages:               Not Allowed
                    What is going on here ?