• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sizing a PowerPoint Recording

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to recording an application (PowerPoint slideshow) recording my audio as I go slide by slide. I want the show to fit within a 705,529 area WITHOUT clipping off any of the PowerPoint slide. Thus I want the slides to show completely within the 705x529. How do I do this?

I must say that this is an awefully difficult product to use.....
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Dr. Pruiett

Yes, PowerPoint normally likes to take over all the screen. But one approach you may take is to tell it you really want to play it back in a window. I think there is a Slide Show menu that has a "Set Up Show" option. You choose that and you are able to cause PP to play back in a window that you may resize as desired.

Have you tried that?

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way for me to capture it in full screen and then have Captivate shrink it down to my desire size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

That's certainly among the possibilities here. To do that, you click Project > Resize project and make it smaller.

However, as with most things in this realm, a trade off is involved. The quality of the movie will deteriorate somewhat. To what degree depends on a couple of factors.

* How much you are resizing
* What your own tolerance level is for acceptable quality

Hopefully that helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My suggestion would be to create a blank Captivate movie 705,529, and then using Captivate's import PowerPoint feature. You'll end up with a movie at the exact size you want. The new Captivate movie will bea series of slides - 1 for each of your PowerPoint slides. You can then use Captivate's audio recording features to add audio to each slide. This way you don't have to get the who audio presentation 100% correct - you can do it a slide at a time and re-record/edit at your own pace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources