• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant read ebook because its linked to an old address.

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Some time ago i bought some ebooks and have them on the ebook providers system.  I went to download them (acsm file) and upon clicking Adobe Digital Edition is launched.  To enable reading of the ebook i am required to login using my email address and password.

Heres the Problem

1. The user name email has been cancelled
  2. I know the user name email but if i request a pass (which i dont know) then its sent to the cancelled address.

I cant therefore login to read all my books which are locked to a now defunct user name and password.

The other option is;

1. Lock the book against the computer.

I dont want to have to do this as the books then have a finite shelf life and if i get rid of my pc then thats it, my books are gone from what i gather.

I cannot believe the mucking around ebooks have, i cant even print them, have limited downloads and now the issue i cant read them or face the prospect of locking them to my pc!... all for a near similar price i could have bought the hard copy and have piece of mind of picking up a physical hardcopy and putting it back on the shelf.  Not a nice entry into the digital world is it.

Hope anyone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

problem solved .. it seems that my username and password that i created for the forum here has allowed me to read the ebooks via the digital edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines