1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2009 4:54 PM by asitejust5u

Cant read ebook because its linked to an old address.

asitejust5u

Hi,

Some time ago i bought some ebooks and have them on the ebook providers system.  I went to download them (acsm file) and upon clicking Adobe Digital Edition is launched.  To enable reading of the ebook i am required to login using my email address and password.

Heres the Problem

1. The user name email has been cancelled
      2. I know the user name email but if i request a pass (which i dont know) then its sent to the cancelled address.

I cant therefore login to read all my books which are locked to a now defunct user name and password.

The other option is;

1. Lock the book against the computer.

I dont want to have to do this as the books then have a finite shelf life and if i get rid of my pc then thats it, my books are gone from what i gather.

I cannot believe the mucking around ebooks have, i cant even print them, have limited downloads and now the issue i cant read them or face the prospect of locking them to my pc!... all for a near similar price i could have bought the hard copy and have piece of mind of picking up a physical hardcopy and putting it back on the shelf.  Not a nice entry into the digital world is it.

Hope anyone can help.

Thanks in advance.