2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 9:52 AM by vophotostudio

Camera Raw editing is not enabled - ACR5.4 Vista 64bit

frankso

When I use Bridge, and right click and select to open a raw file in Camera Raw, I get this message:

"Camera Raw editing is not enabled. Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature".

There is no problem in Bridge when opening a raw file in Camera Raw when just Open With (PS) or double-clicking

I have seen many have the same problem, and I have tried most of the hints found in forums, but no luck.

I running Windows Vista 64bit. Installed and activated Photoshop CS4 in the standard directories and installed ACR 5.4 manually as described by Adobe by copy the plugin files to folders:

Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS4\File Formats\

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS4\File Formats\

There are no other files in this 2 directories.

I have tried purging cache, and have closed both Brigde and Photoshop and startet Bridge from Photoshop by using -file, -browse in Bridge. And still the same problem.

There are no errors in the files alm.log and amt.log in %temp% directory.

Thanks for any help

• 1. Re: Camera Raw editing is not enabled - ACR5.4 Vista 64bit
          Ian_Lcc

I have just upgraded to Win 7 64bit and have had a similar problem with getting "Camera Raw editing is not enabled" in Bridge

I had installed CS4 as a trial whilst I tested that my install of Win 7 was OK

When I activated CS4 I was using CS4 64 bit and never got the "I have deactivated the software from another machine" question

I tried lost of things to get Camera Raw editing in Bridge and all failed.

When I tried CS4 32 bit it wanted to activate the software - it  asked the "I have deactivated the software from another machine" question and then rejected the activation as two PC were using the key.

I deactivated CS4 from the 64bit side and removed the key

Then I activated using CS4 32bit - all seems OK now

Hope this works for you

• 2. Re: Camera Raw editing is not enabled - ACR5.4 Vista 64bit
            vophotostudio

OSX Leopard / XP
            CS4
            Bridge 3
            Camera Raw 5.5

Here's a simple solution:

Open Bridge -> have any .CR2 image -> double-click it - it will open in Camera Raw ->in Camera Raw click on "Open Preferences Dialog" or Apple K, or Control K -> down at the bottom of a Camera Raw Preferences in the boxes "JPEG and TIFF Handling select "Automatically open all supported JPEGs" and "Automatically open all supported TIFFs" -> OK to get out of the Camera Raw Preferences -> Cancel out of the Camera Raw. Then close down Bridge and Photoshop. Reopen Bridge, right-click or double click on ANY image format (JPEGS, . CR2 depending on set Bridge preferences - I have mine set to always open in Camera Raw) it triggers Camera Raw from here on.

if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

info@vophotostudio.com